Watermelon Health Benefits
This topic watermelon health benefits is very important and I advise that you read through it and subscribe for more of this kind of info here. Watermelon is good for everyone. It is quite amazing what happens to your body when you eat watermelon as you should. This fruit though can’t be grown at all times in most places but are readily available always. For this reason, it is advised that you take advantage of its availability because it is good for you.
The long list of healthy or beneficial effects of watermelons are derived mainly from its unique nutrients Vitamins, Minerals and Organic compounds. Which includes significant amount of Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Fibre, Protein, and a very large amount of Potassium.
Furthermore, they contain Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Niacin, Thiamine, and a wide variety of Carothenoid and Phytonutrients, including Lycopene.
Now, these are the watermelon health benefits
1. Kidney Disorder: watermelon contains a lot of Potassium which is helpful in cleaning/washing out of the toxic depositions in the kidney. Moreover, it is helpful in reducing the concentration of acid in the blood, thereby reducing the chances of kidney damage. In addition, it induces frequent urinating which is helpful for cleaning the kidney.
2. Prevents Heat Stroke: watermelon is effective in reducing both your body temperature and blood pressure. Which is the reason most people likes eating it in the afternoon. This helps to protect from heat stroke. The high amount of water in watermelon stimulates the release of excess liquid in the form of sweat which cools the body further during hot summer days.
3. High Blood Pressure: the good amount of potassium and magnesium that is present in watermelon is very beneficial in terms of bringing down blood pressure.
Potassium is considered a Vasolidator: meaning that it releases the tension of blood vessels and arteries. Thereby stimulating increased blood flow and reducing the stress on the cardiovascular system.
People are reading: how to convert cassava peels to feed for feeding livestock and birds and fish
4. Prevents Cancer: watermelon has a high level of lycopene. A carotenoid phytonutrient compound that is increasingly being linkedto cancer prevention. Lycopene has been discovered to prevent breast, colon, prostrate, lungs and endometrial cancer.
5. Diabetes: watermelon can serve as a good food supplement to diabetic patients who often complain of being half fed as a result of being advised to desist from certain foods.
In spite sweet in taste, a thick wedge will give you very few calories since 99% of its total weight is composed of water and roughage.
Moreover, the various vitamins and minerals such as potassium and magnesium helps in proper functioning of insulin in the body. Thus, lowering the blood sugar level.
6. Heart Care: lycopene, a carotenoid food in abundance in watermelon improves cardiac functioning.
Beta carotene know for its remarkable antioxidants and antiaging properties also keeps you young at heart and prevents age reducing cardiac problems.
The roughage in watermelon and its very low energy along with help of vitamin C, carotenoids and potassium helps to reduce cholesterol and keep your heart safe from a variety of dangerous conditions.
7. Impotence: Arginine, present in watermelon in beneficial in curing erectile dysfunctions. And the stimulating nature of the chemical can boast libido, reduce frigidity and give a kick start to your love life after you enjoy a few slices of watermelon together with your partner.